Monday, January 19, 2009

Where have we been???

(Below is a bunch of pictures from the past month)

It is crazy how fast December and January can slip by with all the holiday stuff. I looked and it has been since Dec. 20th that I last posted a blog!! Here is a list of what has gone on since then...

1. We had a wonderful Christmas, we spent the morning here, the afternoon in Des Moines, and then traveled to Indiana.

2. During our week in Indiana Brian and I left the girls with my parents and went to Florida to see the Outback bowl. We had wonderful weather!

3. We got back to Iowa January 3rd, and I started my winter quarter for my master's class the 5th.

4. I had a baby shower for Annette Yoder on the 10th. We had fun catching up with friends.

5. The temperature didn't get above zero for four days. (The 13th it was -20). We have not had a day above freezing since December 20th (so says the weather man...)

6. On December 13th I had LASIK eye surgery.

7. On December 14th I could see 20/20 with out any glasses or contacts!!!! I am now doing really well and love being able to see clearly all the time.

8. December 15th Gretchen and Audra came to stay with us for the weekend. We went thrift store shopping and stayed indoors since the temperatures still stayed below zero.

9. Sunday December 18th Brian's parents took care of the girls for a much needed date night. We went to see Marley and Me and went to eat dinner. We needed a night to just have some time to take to catch up with each other!

10. Today...it is Martin Luther King day so Brian has off work. We have just been enjoying each other and the girls.


As you can see we have been BUSY...but having fun. We are so thankful for such wonderful family and friends that we got spend Christmas with. In the past month I have seen God working in so many different ways and feel blessed by him as we start this New Year. I am thankful for all the ways God protected us as we traveled over the holidays and with my surgery.
The rest of our month doesn't seem quite so crazy so hopefully I can keep up better.

On a side note the weather here is still rather cold...BUT they say that it is supposed to be 36 by the end of the week!!!! If I was still living in Virginia I would think that would be cold, but here it is a heat wave...I need to get out the spring jacket!!


1 comment:

sweetander said...

I'm so jealous that you guys went to the Outback Bowl. So fun!! Great game to see!