Saturday, December 20, 2008

We love to shovel



We had a stow/ice storm that hit on Thursday into Friday. It was disappointing because I was going to have the DGL leaders from MOPS over for dinner on Thursday and we had to cancel. The fun thing was that Katie came over Thursday afternoon and stayed all night with us. I had called her to make sure that she wasn't going to be "out in the storm" on Thursday. Brian was making fun of me because I was all worried about her...oh well it is the mom in me. Then Friday we shoveled...and both Brian and I now have sore backs. Friday night Jesse and Amanda came to stay with us from Colorado on the way to Goshen. They brought their dog Oliver, Nora had fun with him. We checked the weather to make sure they didn't have bad weather for driving, it was supposed to be clear. Then it snowed here all day Saturday. So Saturday afternoon we shoveled again. As of Saturday evening it is -5 (yes that is a minus before the five) without windchill. The wind is awful and with the windchill it is -30...we love Iowa winters!!! I am looking forward to Florida (9 days, but I am not counting...:)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marner Family said...

Love the photo ... looks like you have even more to shovel after today (1.12). -b