Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Monkey Bars

Monday was an eventful day for us. In the morning I thought Sean might have an ear infection so I called first thing and made him a dr. appointment for 10:30. At 10:10 I got a phone call from Nora's school saying she fell on the monkey bars and that it is a big cut and she will need to be looked at. Good thing I had an appointment in 20 min!! I left and headed to the dr. and Brian went and got Nora from school and brought her to the office.
They looked her over and said that the cut could be glued back together instead of stitches. The dr. said that Nora could do anything but go swimming for a week. Great! She was ready to head back to school-she wanted to show her war wounds! I took her back to school around 12:30.
At 2 I got another call from the school, Nora broke open her chin and it was bleeding. Wonderful! I called the dr. and they said to bring her back in. Sure enough she was doing the monkey bars at afternoon recess and fell and broke the cut back open. The dr. said that she couldn't do a stitches now because she already had the glue and it would leave a mark to stitch over the glue. So they went ahead and re-glued her chin.
After all these events I went home made supper and took all three kids to soccer. By 8 last night I was exhausted!
Nora was really brave the whole time at school and at the dr. I am glad she was ready to retry the monkey bars but maybe not so soon!



No comments: