Friday, May 11, 2012

10 year anniversary trip

Brian and I will celebrate our ten year anniversary on June 8th. It is amazing what God has done in our lives over the past ten years! I feel so blessed to be married to someone who is so focused on our marriage and our family.
Marriage is hard work and when you have children it becomes even harder. One thing that has helped our marriage is the time that we get to spend together, without children. We decided for our ten year we would take a trip to Cozumel Mexico!! We went for an entire week, my mom came and stayed at our house with the kids, and it was amazing.
Top Highlights of Cozumel
1. We rented a car and went to the Caribbean side of the island. We spent the day driving down the coast just walking along beautiful beaches.
2. Breakfast each morning. We had a restaurant outside our room and each morning we would sit and talk and drink coffee for about an hour before we started our day of lounging.
3. The beaches and pools and my books. We really didn't do anything on our trip other than eat and lay by the pool or beach and our resort had really nice pools and beach area. I was able to finish five books on my trip. Good thing I started Fifty Shades of Grey there and could keep reading without interruption!
4. Evening dinners (did I mention we at a lot!). Each night we had dinner reservations and I loved getting ready each night. It was such a wonderful feeling to have time to get ready and dressed up.
5. The amount of deep and quality conversations Brian and I could have about our lives right now.

So we had an amazing trip and I am so thankful that my mom was able to be with our kids, what a wonderful anniversary present! We stayed at the Occidental Grand Resort, and it was amazing. Here are some of the photos we took










No comments: