Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peterson visit

My cousin Marlene lost her mom, Lynna, last week. I was very torn about going to Abby's wedding and heading home to Indiana to be at the funeral. I decided last minute that it was going to be to stressful to try and make it back for the memorial service. Lynna was an amazing women who was generous. She helped my mom and I decorate for my wedding and I have fond memories of her growing up. She had cancer for several years (14 I think) and fought hard to beat it for a long time. She moved to Rochester in July to be close to Marlene and Brent but her health really faded fast over the summer.
Marlene and Brent stopped by our house on the way home from the memorial service to Rochester. I was so happy to see her and reconnect a bit. I can't imagine how hard all of this is on her so it was good to talk and be with her for awhile. It happened to be Brent's birthday when they stopped by so we had an ice cream pie to celebrate. He enjoyed having all three girls help with the candles!




No comments: