Friday, August 20, 2010

State Fair 2010





The past three years Jim and Deb have taken the girls and I to the Iowa State fair for a week. We knew when we left that it could rain, but we got there and it was pouring! It rained until around 1 so we did mostly indoor stuff. Nora wanted to ride on the different rides but they were all closed. I was able to con her into not being to upset by buying her the pink fluffy cowgirl hat!
We ate lots of fair food, watched cheerleaders and tumblers, petted lots of different animals, and enjoyed a day with the girls.

The funniest part of the day came when Nora had to use the restroom NOW. The closest thing was a port a j0hn. We went over and she opened the door and said, "Mom, if I go in there I will never be a true princess!" I started laughing and told her she would still be a true princess if she went. How funny!! My daughter knows what it takes to be a princess and it is not an outhouse!

No comments: